Monday, April 23, 2012

Sound Track 2 Your Like; Rock Me Mamma Like a Wagon Wheel

I have a page on this blog dedicated to one of the best things... MUSIC 
The soundtrack to my life where now its not current but give me a week or so...

Come on, who doesn't wish for those special times in their life they could have a little Grey's Anatomy music playing softly in the back ground as they did the voice over where they could say just the right thing, at just the right time...

Who hasn't had a night go perfect with someone, that led to a special kiss, who will be transported back in time, even years latter when you hear that song, your mind drifts back to that night, the song will trigger other senses, you are able to smell the fall in the air, taste the sweetness of the night, feel that persons embrace.... all because of the image that song conjures up in one's mind.... Who that reads this won't related to the song "Brown Eyed Girl" to that Julia Roberts movie "Sleeping with the Enemy" 

For guys, I know others will relate to going back to college in the fall and hearing the song "The Boys are Back in Town" .... Yeah every guy with their bud's have had a TOTAL ENTOURAGE moment with this song.... memories become burned into your permeant memory with certain songs....


Guys, everyone has bought the Sarah McLaughlin album because some chick they were interested was just SOOOO into that "Arms of a Angel" song... 


Well these are the reasons I have to share the sound track to my life on this blog... Todays song ....
comes from a recent experience in Nashville, Tennessee... 


I have been to Nashville a couple of times now, but never there to experience the "NITE LIFE" and last month I planed a night out... and it was was amazing however it could have been my guide of the city ...

My lovely friend Casey was a great host and showed me all the hot spots and what made this night memorable and slightly magical was the the atmosphere in the town this night, now my guide lives close to Nashville and informed me that most nights were pretty much the same, if you chose to enjoy a laid back style and enjoy the city it was a blast...Now their was more then a fair share of DRUNK college girls with body parts fixing to make surprise appearances, and more then enough guys with big muscles in graphic tee's looking for a fight like the cast of Jersey Shore looks for tanning lotion....

"Broadway" The main street in on "Music Row", where all the hot spots are, just shuts down and folks roam the streets, if your a people watcher... this place is a paradise for you.

Both of us are people watchers, so she taught me 
a new game (....Now don't worry I am getting to the music, but if you have been reading this blog long you know you must indulge me some leniency in getting to the point.....) This game is called "Who's Getting a Deal" .... You'll love it, we all have seen those couples in public, they seem to be most prevalent at the mall around Christmas and at the local fairs and festivals. One is much more attractive then the other, and we have seen it both ways, a very attractive girl and a very average looking, maybe even slovenly looking guy, or the really handsome fellow and the plain below average girl.... The smart beautiful girl with the drunk slacker with no goals... Ok, I am probably sounding like a ass as your read this but you've all done this, you have judged the outward appearance of a couple and thought, hmmm they really don't look like they "fit" together, Well in this situation, some one is getting the deal.... 

The game is played by picking out a "Mutt & Jeff" Looking couple, and playing pretend... You imagine the scenario that brought them together..... just make stuff up and the more wild and outlandish the story, the more fun it is..... but I will warn you, if you giggle to much folks might think your KRAZY. 

~ On to the song ~

Well the song ends up on my soundtrack from this night is most defiantly just a great, feel good song..... That night we seemed to hear the song covered in every bar, by every band and it was Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show.... Love this song... Now not really being a drinker, I was stone cold sober and was high just on the atmosphere that surrounded me. The song has the "Sway" to it, you just can't help to just "Sway" to the rhythm to it... just side to side, but your arms around the people next to you and just..... Sway....

Now looking for the video to put on here, I discovered the Old Crow music video is well Sucky ... but I did find find this young man and his band below that I really think just captures the magic of the song and the festival atmosphere that I enjoyed that night...

This young man is Nate Hall from Ontario,  Canada 


I am a strait man and can say with out a homophobic fear, these young men are beautiful, could be there boyish charm, the fact that they are so at ease in this video, the tone and texture of his voice, his sprit comes across like he is the type of guys you could visit with at the gas station or would come to your picnic with a guitar and sing songs all night by the campfire and dance with all the children letting them stand on his toes.........
I love the camera work, very nice, with the guys coming in and out of foucs but that gives it a dream "like" feel ...... Just love it ....  
Poor Elvis, he was loving every second of this.....
By the way..... that night as far as our game went, she was so getting a deal... She ask me and that was my answer ..... wouldn't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment