Monday, April 23, 2012

Healthy Cooking; Tonight Steak and Vegetables

I'm a carnivore, and my passion is a good steak. I honestly think I could eat steak every night. I know that some say red meat in excess isn't really "Heart Health" and my favorite cut is a Ribeye and maybe I should switch to a leaner cut like a filet... but the cost of a Ribeye for the favor you get... Oh my...

My doctor put me on a diet plan for weight loss.... nothing like getting your butt chewed and told you were at risk to have a Heart Attack before your 40 to get your attention... So... We (I should say "I" but I prefer to say "we" as in my stomach and I...Kinda nice to know I'm not in it alone)  have cut out all soda's, all breads, all candy.... All Starchy foods like potatoes.... I really thought that would be tough but hey, its not near as bad as I was afraid....

Bread, well thats another story... I have found these whole grain, bran wheat thin deals that I can cheat with, they seem to tame the bred hunger beast, also the occasional pretzel helps (not really allowed, but you won't tell will you?) I can have dairy but not milk..... even fruit is limited because of the sugars...

With all this said I really have got to be a big Meat & Vegetable guy..... That really is all that is left to eat... LOL

So I will enjoy being a carnivore, at my doctor's orders.

Ribeye cooked Medium with Broccoli and Cauliflower steamed with a garlic oil
lightly salted and sprinkled with mild cheddar cheese shreds.  
Love this iPhone app


Since this diet has been in effect I have dropped from 305 lbs. to 270, at one time I was down to 265.... With all my traveling its hard to stay faithful on a strict diet plan but I try...

I have found all kinds of neat iPhone and iPad apps to get acceptable meals and recipes....The Spark Recipes app pictures at right is a great one...I found a great Sloppy Joe recipe that I have to share soon, as well I LOVE CABBAGE SOUP... which is a good thing cause I always end up making way more than I think....


My Kitchen is always a mess and with my new forte into to the world of healthy cooking, it looks like a train blew though it most nights ... but you know there I really believe that cooking is one leisure that everyone should engage in... If I ever have a family I would plan to spend lots of quality time in the kitchen eating drinking while getting lost in authentic communication

No comments:

Post a Comment